Tech Lead (Madrid, Vilnius)
In 2017, the brains of this company wanted to change the banking experience. They committed to one ambitious goal: simplify and create a delightful banking experience for the younger generations. Thus, Rebellion was born. Laser-focused on creating a product that offers Millennials and Gen Zs a simple and transparent way of managing their personal finances.
When Rebellion started, we were only a couple of people and a "simple" virtual card. Now, we are +34 employees throughout Spain, Lithuania, and Brazil; we achieved a complete product to allow young people from all over Europe manage their money like a breeze. We are the 1st Spanish neobank offering a personal ES IBAN alongside a physical card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, P2P payments, and access to +14 years, all using a simple app - currently used by more than 100.000 users.
We are looking for a Tech Lead to join us on our next step - an integration project from scratch with one of the biggest cloud baking platforms.
As a Tech Lead, you will work together with our Spanish and Lithuanian team of Engineers, Product, Compliance, and Business, to implement our technological innovations for neobanking real-world problems and help deliver complex business demand.
Also, you will ensure robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system and team; create roadmaps and timelines for product development. Inspire, lead, shape and grow a software engineering team.
Important: the location of this position would have priority over Madrid or Vilnius, depending on your location/availability. However, we are also open for you to work remotely from your country/city.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position or Project Manager
- Have solid knowledge in a microservices architecture
- Knowledge and experience Kubernetes, Node, Docker
- Knowledge and experience with automatic test tools
- Experience working on an agile environment
- Solid understanding of security, performance, scalability aspects
- Knowledge of software lifecycle management, code organization
- High level of English - mandatory
- A great engineer that cares about good practices and principles
- You are an extremely self-motivated person that loves learning
- Passion to try new technologies
- Proactive in suggesting solutions and improvements
- You take ownership and feel responsible for the product as a whole
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty and work with legacy code
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience working in FinTech
- Knowledge and experience working with Banking Cores
What you will get:
- Offices based in the center of Madrid and Vilnius.
- Career Progression - if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you'll get one here. There are many directions your career can move in.
- Flexible working hours, WFH, short working Fridays - We have many roles in our busy lives; family, fitness (some of us), work, study and community interests. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone here.
- A flat hierarchy will make you see your ideas come to fruition and being in a small and fast-growing startup means you have plenty of chances to grow with us to the next level.
- A young and international team of authentic professionals who are passionate about their product. We speak Spanish, English, German and Lithuanian - you choose!
- Fresh fruit, coffee, cereals; you choose your operating systems; team building activities,...
- Be part of the Rebellion! We’re all about freedom & fresh punk. We believe in people with passion, and that is unconventional and rebel.
Feel free to get to know us a bit more:
At Rebellion, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.