Senior Finance & Accounting - Maternity Leave
In 2017, the brains of this company wanted to change the banking experience. They committed to one ambitious goal: simplify and create a delightful banking experience for the younger generations. Thus, Rebellion was born. Laser-focused on creating a product that offers Millennials and Gen Zs a simple and transparent way of managing their personal finances.
When Rebellion started, we were only a couple of people and a "simple" virtual card. Now, we are +33 employees throughout Spain and Lithuania; we achieved a complete product to allow young people from all over Europe manage their money like a breeze. We are the 1st Spanish neobank offering a personal ES IBAN alongside a physical card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, P2P payments, and access to +14 years, all using a simple app - currently used by more than 200.000 users.
We are looking for a person with a rebellious spirit who can continue with the work of our Finance Manager, while she enjoys her maternity leave. Our Finance Manager will enjoy her maternity leave starting in December, but we hope that you join us in October because it is important that you have time to get to know the company and teams, as well as have time to work together with our Finance Manager in the handover process guaranteeing the quality of work during maternity leave.
Being part of the Finance department you will have a role and responsibilities in a transversal way in practically all the departments in Rebellion Pay, reporting directly to the CEO.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a person that will support our day-to-day operations and transactions of the Finance Department, meanwhile meeting company deadlines as appropriate:
- You will manage the invoice process, with other Department Managers, ensuring that all of them are up to date and paid
- You will work closely with the People Manager in the management and payment of payroll, salary reviews and benefits, as well as managing and paying possible leaves, and keeping in touch with our payroll partner (FactorialHR)
- Guarantee quality in the accounting process on a monthly and annual basis, ensuring that all accounts are in order and up to date, and reporting this information to the CEO
- You will manage and guarantee the performance and quality in annual audit processes with our external auditor (here you will also work with the People Manager)
- Prepare and file taxes: VAT, personal income tax and IS; with quality and within defined deadlines
- Prepare accurate operational and financial data to support reports with indicators useful for business strategy planning, and possible financial analyzes needed to present to our investors
- To be the point of contact for information for any financial question for both employees and Management
- Participation in the budget preparation process
- Improve or create any financial process that is necessary to guarantee the best quality of service from Finance
Who you are:
- Degree in Management, Economics or similar
- 4 years of experience in financial departments, managing financial and analytical accounting, treasury management, and taxes
- Experience in startups or startup growth environments is a plus
- Previous experience in a Big Four is a plus
- A very (very!) hands-on person (a startup needs that)
- A person that gets things done - you have to have ownership
- Attention to detail, highly organized and methodical
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities
- A capacity for interaction and teamwork
- Ability to think and work under pressure
- Flexible, energetic, and with a high sense of responsibility
- Pro-activity and good communication skills
- Advanced user of MS Office tools, especially Excel
- Fluent in English, both speaking and writing
What will you get in return?!
- Until January 2021 we will be working full-remote, but after that, you will join our offices based in the center of Madrid.
- Be part of the Rebellion! We are all about freedom & fresh punk. We believe in people with passion, unconventional, and rebel.
- Flexible working hours! We have many roles in our busy lives; family, fitness (some of us), work, study, and community interests. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone here.
- A flat hierarchy will make you see your ideas come to fruition and being in a small and fast-growing startup means you have plenty of chances to grow with us to the next level.
- A young and international team of authentic professionals who are passionate about their product. We speak Spanish, English, German, Portuguese, and Lithuanian - you choose!
- And not less important: you choose your operating systems; team building activities,...
Feel free to get to know us a bit more:
At Rebellion, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.