React Native Engineer
In 2017, the brains of this company thought about creating a new banking system, that would make payments easier. Our main goal: change how banking works and simplify the banking language to make them more accessible to the younger generations. Thus, Rebellion was born. With high ambitions, we are creating a product that offers our Millennials and Gen Z a simple and transparent way of managing their personal finances.
When Rebellion started, we were only a couple of people, and a "simple" virtual card (aka app). Now, we are now +30 employees throughout Spain, Lithuania, and Brazil; with a much more developed and optimized app (more features, more dynamic and intuitive, prettier,...), a physical card (for the physical lovers), and we have welcomed Teens (+14 yo with an authorization from their guardian) and European, and being the 1st neobank with a Spanish IBAN.
Working directly with the CTO, Head of Product and our Tech team, you will be part of a new project, never before developed in Rebellion Pay.
You will get your hands dirty by designing and developing the web app, from scratch in React Native, with best practices as we scale our product and team. Also, you will ensure robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system, create roadmaps and timelines for product development.
- Experience with building Web Apps and React Native Apps
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum/Kanban)
- Personal commitment to continuously learn and improve
- A great coder that cares about good coding practices and principles
- You are an extremely self-motivated person that loves learning
- Passion to try new technologies
- You take ownership and feel responsible for the product as a whole
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty and work with legacy code
- Proficient communication skills in Spanish and English (mandatory)
Is a plus if you have:
- Experience in Native development (Java, Objective-c, Swift) and skills in the use of Firebase
What you will get in return?!
- Offices based in the center of Madrid.
- Be part of the Rebellion! We all about freedom & fresh punk. We believe in people with passion, unconventional and rebel.
- Career Progression - if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you'll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in.
- Flexible working hours, WFH, short working Fridays - We have many roles in our busy lives; family, fitness (some of us), work, study and community interests. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone here.
- A flat hierarchy will make you see your ideas come to fruition and being in a small and fast-growing startup means you have plenty of chances to grow with us to the next level.
- A young and international team of authentic professionals who are passionate about their product. We speak Spanish, English, German and Lithuanian - you choose!
- And not less important: Fresh fruit, coffee, cereals; you choose your operating systems; team building activities,...
Feel free to get to know us a bit more:
At Rebellion, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.