Junior Backend Engineer (Madrid)
In 2017, the brains of this company wanted to change the banking experience. They committed to one ambitious goal: simplify and create a delightful banking experience for the younger generations. Thus, Rebellion was born. Laser-focused on creating a product that offers Millennials and Gen Zs a simple and transparent way of managing their personal finances.
When Rebellion started, we were only a couple of people and a "simple" virtual card. Now, we are +34 employees throughout Spain, Lithuania, and Brazil; we achieved a complete product to allow young people from all over Europe manage their money like a breeze. We are the 1st Spanish neobank offering a personal ES IBAN alongside a physical card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, P2P payments, and access to +14 years, all using a simple app - currently used by more than 100.000 users.
We are looking for a Junior Backend Engineer to join us on our next step - an integration project from scratch with one of the biggest cloud banking platforms.
Working directly with our Spanish and Lithuanian team of Engineers, Product, Compliance, and Business, you will be involved in designing and developing all the integrations with this platform, based on best practices as we scale our product and team. Also, you will ensure robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- 1-year’ experience in Node.js
- Previous experience in the integration of external APIs
- Knowledge and experience with automatic test tools
- Experience working on an agile environment
- High level of English - mandatory
- A great engineer that cares about good practices and principles
- You are an extremely self-motivated person that loves learning
- Passion to try new technologies
- You take ownership and feel responsible for the product as a whole
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty
Nice to haves:
- Good knowledge Cloud AWS Amazon
- Knowledge in MongoDB
- Knowledge in Linux
- Knowledge in React
- Previous experience working in FinTech
- Knowledge and experience working with Banking Cores
What you will get:
- Offices based in the center of Madrid.
- Career Progression - if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you'll get one here. There are many directions your career can move in.
- Flexible working hours, WFH, short working Fridays - We have many roles in our busy lives; family, fitness (some of us), work, study and community interests. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone here.
- A flat hierarchy will make you see your ideas come to fruition and being in a small and fast-growing startup means you have plenty of chances to grow with us to the next level.
- A young and international team of authentic professionals who are passionate about their product. We speak Spanish, English, German and Lithuanian - you choose!
- Fresh fruit, coffee, cereals; you choose your operating systems; team building activities,...
- Be part of the Rebellion! We’re all about freedom & fresh punk. We believe in people with passion, and that is unconventional and rebel.
Feel free to get to know us a bit more:
At Rebellion, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.