DevOps Engineer (Spain or Lithuania)
(Location: Spain or Lithuania)
Rebellion Pay was born out of the need to change the banking experience - simplifying and creating a pleasant banking experience is our main goal. Almost 4 years later, with a huge base of young users, we detect a big interest from a more mature target, mainly millennials. While our product grows, our brand is also evolving, with a strong focus on these new customers.
When Rebellion started, it was only a virtual card and a couple of people. Now, we are +35 employees throughout Spain and Lithuania; young people from all over Europe are using our product to manage their money in a different way. Rebellion is the 1st Spanish neobank that offered a personal IBAN and a physical card with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and access to +14 years old... everything’ mobile.
As a DevOps Engineer you will help build new technologies and improve our current infrastructure by supporting our engineers and improving our tools for continuous build, automating testing and releasing management in a scalable, secure, and efficient way; help design and run our cloud infrastructure in Amazon Web Services, ensure that all pieces are under appropriate monitoring and logging, maintain and automate test environments for devs and QA, keep our infrastructure clean and create tools to give our engineers more autonomy over the platform in which their services run, so they can own the deployment lifecycle, monitoring, etc
As a DevOps Engineer you will:
- Experience with configuration management tools—ensure changes are always applied by code
- Understand the importance of Continuous Delivery concepts and processes
- Have deep and broad AWS knowledge
- Have previous experience handling high amounts of traffic
- Build internal services and systems with embedded automation.
- Continuously strive for operational excellence by seeking to automate away manual processes.
- Enhance current automation tools and introduce automation to replace manual processes.
- Integrate your products with other internal services and systems.
- Create services that can successfully run over any hardware/OS.
- Provide monitoring and proactive maintenance and remediation features
- Uphold a high standard of code quality and engineering excellence.
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Knowledge and experience Terraform
- Knowledge and experience with API gateway and API manager systems
- Knowledge and experience in infrastructure design
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Other Public Cloud (AWS | GCP | Azure)
- Relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Non-relational databases (MongoDB, ...)
- English language proficiency
- Proven ability to operate in high-priority situations and effectively handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
- Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact have been demonstrated.
- Solid analytical skills with demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Work experience in CI/CD environments
- Networking knowledge: TCP/IP stack, NAT, Linux Routing and Firewall, DHCP, Syslog, SNMP
Nice to haves
What you get
- Career Progression! If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you'll get on here.
- Home office-friendly and flexible working hours! We have many roles in our busy lives; family, fitness (some of us), work, study, and community interests. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone here.
- Seeing your ideas become a reality - being in a small and fast-growing startup means you have plenty of chances to grow with us to the next level.
- A young and international team of authentic professionals who are passionate about their product. We speak Spanish, English, German, Portuguese, and Lithuanian - you choose!
- And not less important: Freedom to create and build, Annual Personal Development Budget team building activities,...
Our recruitment process in a nutshell
- After receiving your application, if your profile passes our first filter you will have a first Hangout with our People Manager. It will be an easy-going conversation where our People Manager will tell you a little more about Rebellion Pay as a company and culture, our growth and you will give more details about the team of which you can be part.
- If the interview with People Manager goes well, we invite you to a second Hangout with our CTO and CPO. Here they will explain better our product and technological stack, our features, and where you can also clarify any more technical questions. Take advantage of it!
- If you made it this far, congratulations! Now is the time to show your techy side: a technical test! Important: our test has nothing to do with Rebellion Pay - we do not ask you to do any feature or solve a problem of our app - you have 1 week to solve it. You can upload it to a repository and pass the test to our Engineering team so they can take a look.
- Finally, we invite you to the last Hangout to do the test review, again with our CTO and CPO. Here it is important that you have everything working correctly (test and computer) so that everything goes as well as possible and you can be calm and confident during the test review.
We do not sponsor visas.
Feel free to get to know us a bit more:
At Rebellion, we’re committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.