Chief Information Security Officer
In 2017, the brains of this company wanted to change the banking experience. They committed to one ambitious goal: simplify and create a delightful banking experience for the younger generations. Thus, Rebellion was born. Laser-focused on creating a product that would offer Zs a simple and transparent way of managing their personal finances. Three years later, with a huge base of young users, we detect a big interest from a more mature target, mainly millennials. While our product grows, our brand is also evolving, with a strong focus on these new customers.
When Rebellion started, it was only a virtual card and a couple of people. Now, we are +33 employees throughout Spain and Lithuania; young people from all over Europe are using our product to manage their money in a different way. Rebellion is the 1st Spanish neobank that offered a personal IBAN and a physical card with AP, GP, P2P, and access to +14 years old... everything mobile and currently used by more than 200.000 users.
As a CISO you will be responsible for:
- Definition, scoping, creation, and execution of IT and Data Security strategies enhancing the reliability and security of the IT systems, projects, and underlying data at your organization.
- Overseeing managers and teams that you are responsible for, allocating resources to ensure that staff delivers secure and robust IT solutions to any of the organizations identified and agreed-upon requirements.
- Overseeing planning and execution of necessary vulnerability audits, penetration testing, or forensic IT audits and investigations. Ensure that outputs improve your organization's IT Security.
- Oversee integration of new IT Systems Development with the organization's overall IT, Data, and Information Security policies.
- Oversee staff training in all the latest security awareness skills, Check associated protocols, methodologies, and procedures are implemented.
- Ensure compliance with any related legislation, such as the Data Protection Act, ISO standards, or relevant government regulations.
- Plan budget allocations and associated financial forecasts relating to IT, Data, and Information security.
- Supplier management. Liaise with and manage your partners, stakeholders, vendors, and third party service or solutions providers.
- Oversee projects, budgets, and resources under your remit with a view to ensuring that your organization gets a favorable return on its investments in staff, hardware, software, and service providers.
- Work mainly with our Compliance, Engineering (specially Backend), and Management teams
- Good understanding of all current legislation and regulations pertaining to your organization
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST, PCI DSS.
- Knowledge of relevant IT Security related hardware, software, and vendor solutions
- At least 7-10 years of work experience in security fields/areas/departments
- Deep thinking analytical mind with the ability to quickly get to the root cause of issues
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (Native Lithuanian and High level of English)
Nice to haves
- Experience in working in FinTech area
- Project management (like PMP) or specific IT certifications (AWS Security)
- Specific experience in Agile (scaled) software development or other best in class development practices.
- Experience with Cloud computing/Elastic computing across virtualized environments.
- An overall understanding of the software development, scripting, and source code programming languages, that your teams will be using.
- Practical experience of computer operating systems such as MS Windows, UNIX/Linux
What you get
- You will join our offices based in Vilnius.
- Career Progression! If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you'll get on here.
- Flexible working hours! We have many roles in our busy lives; family, fitness (some of us), work, study, and community interests. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone here.
- Seeing your ideas become a reality - being in a small and fast-growing startup means you have plenty of chances to grow with us to the next level.
- A young and international team of authentic professionals who are passionate about their product. We speak Spanish, English, German, Portuguese, and Lithuanian - you choose!
- And not less important: Freedom to create and build, Annual Personal Development Budget team building activities,...
Our recruitment process in a nutshell
1. After receiving your application, if your profile passes our first filter you will have a first Meet video-call with our People Manager. It will be an easy-going conversation where our People Manager will tell you a little more about Rebellion Pay as a company and culture, our growth and you will give more details regarding the role.
2. If the interview with People Manager goes well, we invite you to a second Meet with our Business Manager and Compliance Officer from Lithuania. As CISO you will work closely with them and will be a good first contact with the team, projects, and where each one of them can contribute with their vision and experience.
3. If you made it this far, congratulations! Now is the time to get to know our CPO and CTO. Our CISO will work closely with the Product & Engineering team to guarantee the security processes that must accompany the functionalities that we develop, even participating in the sprints. Due to the proximity of the day-to-day, you will have to understand and know how to communicate with the Product & Engineering team.
4. Finally, we invite you to the last Meet with our CEO and COO. Being responsible for all security processes and implementations (and reporting to CEO), as a CISO you will have to understand the business from the Management point of view and align plans, implementations, improvements, and audits that will be necessary.
Due to COVID, this process will take place online, but please note that the position is based in Lithuania (Vilnius) and you will work from the office with the team. This is not a remote role, sorry.
We do not sponsor visas.
Feel free to get to know us a bit more:
At Rebellion, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.