Backend Engineer (Vilnius, Lithuania)
In 2017, the brains of this company wanted to change the banking experience. They committed to one ambitious goal: simplify and create a delightful banking experience for the younger generations. Thus, Rebellion was born. Laser-focused on creating a product that offers Millennials and Gen Zs a simple and transparent way of managing their personal finances.
When Rebellion started, we were only a couple of people and a "simple" virtual card. Now, we are +33 employees throughout Spain and Lithuania; we achieved a complete product to allow young people from all over Europe manage their money like a breeze. We are the 1st Spanish neobank offering a personal ES IBAN alongside a physical card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, P2P payments, and access to +14 years, all using a simple app - currently used by +200.000 users
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join us on our next step - an integration project from scratch with one of the biggest cloud banking platforms.
Working directly with our Spanish and Lithuanian team of Engineers, Product, Compliance, and Business, you will be involved in designing and developing all the integrations with this platform, based on best practices as we scale our product and team. Also, you will ensure robustness, performance, and failure characteristics of the system.
Important: due to the situation of the Covid-19, until the last notice, the entire Rebellion Pay team is working remotely - but it's an onsite position, so once the current status is over we will return to our Vilnius office.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in Node.js
- Previous experience in the integration of external APIs
- Knowledge and experience with automatic test tools
- Experience working on an agile environment
- High level of English - mandatory
- A great engineer that cares about good practices and principles
- You are an extremely self-motivated person that loves learning
- Passion to try new technologies
- You take ownership and feel responsible for the product as a whole
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty
Nice to haves:
- Good knowledge Cloud AWS Amazon
- Knowledge in MongoDB
- Knowledge in Linux
- Knowledge in React
- Previous experience working in FinTech
- Knowledge and experience working with Banking Cores
What you will get:
- Offices based in the center of Vilnius.
- Career Progression - if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you'll get one here. There are many directions your career can move in.
- Flexible working hours, WFH, short working Fridays - We have many roles in our busy lives; family, fitness (some of us), work, study and community interests. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone here.
- A flat hierarchy will make you see your ideas come to fruition and being in a small and fast-growing startup means you have plenty of chances to grow with us to the next level.
- A young and international team of authentic professionals who are passionate about their product. We speak Spanish, English, German and Lithuanian - you choose!
- Fresh fruit, coffee, cereals; you choose your operating systems; team building activities,...
- Be part of the Rebellion! We’re all about freedom & fresh punk. We believe in people with passion, and that is unconventional and rebel.
What about our recruitment process?
- After receiving your application, if your profile passes our first filter you will have a first Hangout with our People Manager. It will be an easy-going conversation where our People Manager will tell you a little more about Rebellion Pay as a company and culture, our growth and you will give more details about the team of which you can be part.
- If the interview with People Manager goes well, we invite you to a second Hangout with our CTO and Chief of Product. Here they explained better to you at the product level and technological stack our app, our features and where you can also clarify any more technical questions. Take advantage of it!
- If you made it this far, congratulations! Now is the time to show your techy side: a technical test! Important: our test has nothing to do with Rebellion Pay - we do not ask you to do any feature or solve a problem of our app - you have 1 week to solve it. You can upload to a repository and pass the test to our Engineering team so they can take a look.
- Finally, we invite you to the last Hangout to do the test review, again with our CTO and Chief of Product. Here it is important that you have everything working correctly (test and computer) so that everything goes as well as possible and you can be calm and confident during the test review.
Do you want to know a little more about what we are doing at Rebellion Pay at a Tech level? Check our Engineer Blog: https://dev.to/rebellionpay
Feel free to get to know us a bit more:
At Rebellion, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.